Global Technology Platform Manager – Hosting & Cloud
The Global Technology Platform Manager is a key strategic role, reporting directly into the CTO and part of the Technology Delivery & Operations (TDO) department that is responsible for the Design, Delivery, Operations and Optimize functions as part of the Product and Technology life cycle framework that underpins M247’s Group Hosting & Cloud product and services portfolio.
M247 is strategically developing a Hybrid cloud product set. 247Cloud provides market leading products for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), dedicated, shared or hyperscaler. Data Management products such as Backup as a Service (BUaaS) and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS).
You will be responsible for TDO functions for all Group Hosting & Cloud Product Portfolio – M247 developed as well as all hyperscaler cloud solutions (Azure, AWS and Google Cloud services).
The Hosting and Cloud Platform Manager is responsible for development, delivery and operations for the full list of products and services on a global scale. The role is one of the most strategic positions in the M247 business. Its importance is to support the evolution of the companies Hosting and Cloud services strategy. As the company considers further capability enhancements whether buying or building in terms of its Hosting & Cloud managed services, software development services (includes “cloud migration services”) and other hyperscaler based options such as “AI from G Cloud” or IOT from Azure, the people and skillsets the company has to execute these plans are critical.
In return this role offers a salary up to £80k (dependent on experience), 24 days holiday, plus an extra day for your birthday, plus other great benefits. We are based in Manchester but currently home working. On a return to the office we are able to offer a blended approach of home and office working and would expect the successful candidate to attend the office at least once a week in Manchester
- Provides IAAS and PAAS services to the M247 IT & Technology organizations inc. real time products and services such as voice applications
- Create a highly skilled team of six engineers that are the delivery and operations. Subject Matter Expert for all M247 hosting/cloud platforms and services.
- Full technical operations authority for all hosting/cloud platform & services including adherence to architectural principles and service targets.
- Physical and Virtual platform Lifecycle Management to ensure our hosting/cloud platforms & services remain operational, efficient and are aligned to product requirements.
- Responsible for the Hosting/Cloud Platform & services lifecycle plan that builds in quality assurance whilst being mindful of data protection processes and frameworks (ISO27001 & GDPR).
- Works closely with the Technology Planning & Investment (TPI) and the Product Technology & Strategy Design (PTSD) for the delivery and operation of Technology plans.
- Ensures that delivery and operations are delivered to a best practice / innovate standard utilizing ITIL, and DEV/OPS practices to their full value.
- MSP Industry and market knowledge and experience.
- Strong experience of platform & services operations and evolution in an MSP-scale environment.
- Significant experience and understanding of operating and developing complex cloud and physical hosting infrastructures (inc. hyperscalers)
- VMware VCP/VCAP certified or the ability to demonstrate the ability to operate at that standard or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of Linux: CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu & Microsoft Windows.
- Strong Operational & Implementation experience of Storage Area networking technologies (Fibre Channel, iSCSI, EMC, Net App)
- Strong Design & Implementation experience of VMware products.
- Strong experience of virtualization technologies (ESXi, Hyper-V, Linux KVM).
- Strong Design & Implementation experience of MSP Grade hosting & cloud platforms and associated services (backup, archiving, Cloud Service brokers, storage as a service, desktop as a service).
- Strong operational experience of Network Management, Orchestration tool & automation practices (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform).
- Strong Operational understanding of IP networking. (MPLS, BGP, ISIS) in ISP environments
- Experienced in Hosting & Cloud delivery and operations
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Strong relationships with leading platform solution providers.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and the ability to work with little supervision.
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Proven Project Management and delivery experience.
- Mentoring colleagues on support and configuration of multiple platform technologies.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By applying for a role, you are agreeing to our Candidate Privacy Notice, which you can access here.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.
Sales: 0808 253 6500
Support: 0161 822 2580
To find out how our technology can transform your business get in touch