About the Scheme
Westminster City Council has recently secured £2.8m to deliver an ERDF funding project that aims to connect SMEs within Westminster and the West End Partnership area to gigabit capable broadband connections. The Council sees the provision of future proof broadband as essential to help businesses to grow and break down barriers to growth.
The funding will enable small to medium sized enterprises to receive up to £2,000 towards the capital cost of their connections. All connections will deliver speeds of at least 30MB/s but have the capability of being configured to deliver gigabit speeds.
Who is it for?
Broadband Connect Westminster vouchers are available to Small or Medium Enterprises (SMEs) if:
- Your business is situated within an eligible area.
- You are a SME, registered charity, social enterprise or sole trader. An SME is an enterprise which employees fewer than 250 persons and which has an annual turnover not exceeding 50 million euro, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding 43 million euro.
- Installation of your new broadband connection exceeds £100.
- The connection is for your business premises. You can apply for a connection at home if this is your main work base, but this does not apply if you work from home occasionally
- You are willing to sign up to a minimum 6 month contract with your broadband supplier
- The broadband service you select delivers a speed and performance improvement on your current connection. This is outlined is the Supplier Registration Form.
- You have not received more than €200,000 in grants in the last 3 years.
M24Seven is the UK’s fastest growing connectivity and internet infrastructure provider. Following the acquisition of Venus Business Communications, M24Seven now covers all of central London and the City, providing superfast, high speed connectivity of up to 10gigabit/sec.
M24Seven also operates the most advanced hybrid ISP network in the UK and, by combining its unique offering of wireless and wired technology, is able to offer scalable connectivity solutions that are typically implemented five times quicker than traditional fibre and copper based services.