Voice Engineer Line 2
The Voice Engineer 2nd line will act as a point of contact for customer faults relating to the voice product portfolios providing break/fix and managed service activities.
To provide specialist support to M247 customers across a portfolio of high-end managed voice products on the service desk taking incoming calls, online tickets, and emails from our managed voice solutions customers to include:
- PBX (Asterisk experience desirable, but not essential)
- Hosted Voice (Broadsoft experience is preferred within a service desk environment)
- SIP trunking and SIP routing/debug analysis (1+ years in a primary support role)
- Working as part of a team to deliver internal and customer SLAs.
A typical working day would have yourself as the 2nd Line Voice engineer, carrying out duties including, but not limited to:
- Finding, investigating and fixing any Core or carrier-related issues found.
- Acting as a direct escalation point from 1st line Voice engineers.
- Concentrating on our voice solutions customers, pro-actively undertake fault trend analysis in relation to our in-life services to ensure they remain fit for purpose and adequately meet client needs.
- Offer ad-hoc and formal support across the service desk to ensure that technical skills are shared with colleagues to assist in providing exceptional customer experience to our customers.
- In the event of a major service outage to liaise with all relevant departments, undertake emergency fault diagnostics for resolution.
- Assist customers with change requests and the addition of new services and their configuration on various phone systems.
- Proactively monitor the voice solutions to ensure events are captured and resolved prior to them becoming an incident.
- Take part in the voice network On-Call rota.
This is not an exhaustive job description as the role will have other tasks as requested by your line manager.
- Ensure trouble tickets stay within operational SLA’s
- Offering advanced support for the 1st line Voice engineers.
- The configuration and provision of SIP & hosted telephony solutions (Call Flows, HG and Users) including numbering and porting activities.
- Configuration and provision of TDM to SIP equipment and Asterisk based PBX CPE.
- Testing and technical sign of MACs (Moves, adds and changes).
- Following internal and external change control procedures.
- End-to-end ownership of all customer issues: internal & external.
- End-user training of various systems.
- At least 1 year working in a similar MSP/ISP (Managed Service Provider/Internet Service Provider) service desk role, working specifically with VoIP systems and the SIP protocol as a whole.
- Working knowledge of SIP debug and wireshark analysis at both a high and low level.
- Working knowledge of Broadsoft based systems.
- Experience with PBX or asterisk based systems (Desirable, but not essential)
- A working life exposure to Linux, or experience in openSUSE, Debian or CentOS distributions. Or a willingness to learn.
- An understanding of TCP/IP and core routing fundamentals, including subnetting and IP routing.
- Any Cisco, or FortiGate experience is preferred.
- Any relevant vendor networking or VOIP qualifications will be beneficial.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
By applying for a role, you are agreeing to our Candidate Privacy Notice, which you can access here.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.
Sales: 0808 253 6500
Support: 0161 822 2580
To find out how our technology can transform your business get in touch