Technical Support & Hosting Platforms Manager
The role managing a technical support team providing installation, configuration, modification, upgrading, and maintenance of customer solutions and products.
This position works with the Infrastructure Manager and the Networking Manager in defining, designing, installing, and maintaining a total infrastructure for internal and external customers. Work direction is provided by the Company in the form of broad objectives or specific assignments and monitored through progress reviews.
What will you do in this role?
- Participates as a key member of the management team on tactical and strategic issues and service delivery systems for Data Center customers, including establishment of Data Center policies, procedures, and standards.
- Manage all customer cases through the support team to ensure the customer is totally satisfied and a positive relationship is maintained and developed.
- Maintain the highest standards of customer service and customer management and be the customer champion for all in-life customer solutions.
- Working collaboratively within the management team and wider business, to drive continual improvement initiatives for future business growth.
- Preserve the departmental KPI and SLAs as agreed driving continual improvements in customer satisfaction and departmental processes.
- Assesses technical needs and objectives during the initial phases of projects.
- Works with the support team to determine alternative hardware and software infrastructure to meet customer needs.
- Defines technical standards for technology infrastructure
- Prepares bid specs and Requests for Proposals for infrastructure acquisition and evaluates responses.
- Installs, configures, and maintains technology infrastructure of all natures in support of the total technology environment provided to customers.
- Provides operational statistics to the management team and customers.
- Ensures that databases are properly designed, installed, configured, maintained, tuned, and backed-up.
- Assures that staff receive training on emerging technologies, to keep technical knowledge at a level necessary to keep system availability and effectiveness as high as possible.
- Maintains 24-hour support, seven days a week, to ensure efficient incident management for the customers.
- Prepares staff reports and makes presentations to the management team
- Plans and accounts for budget expenditures
- Handle escalated customer complaints to resolve incidents and issues with empathy to create a positive outcome for the customer.
Team Management responsibilities:
- Day to day operational management of c20 engineers within technical support dealing with customer incidents and change requests in line with published SLAs.
- Supervises professional technical staff, with full supervisory responsibility. Monitors the quality, timeliness, and effectiveness of work performed by the team.
- Leading, motivating and inspiring the team leaders and frontline engineers to deliver an exceptional experience for our customers.
- Ensuring that the team provide the highest quality of customer support maintaining and improving our customer NPS scores.
- Makes hiring decisions, assigns work and develops performance standards, appraises performance, issues any necessary discipline, plans training for staff, makes employee termination decisions.
- Maintaining shifts are adequately staffed to meet the demands, forecasted using historical data.
- Provides a team atmosphere which enhances performance, challenges the employee, and provided responsive, quality service to customers.
- Fosters a work environment that encourages staff to consider creative alternatives in meeting customer service requirements.
- Suggests alternative staffing arrangements and training opportunities to meet short and long-term plans for the organization.
What you will need to be successful in this role?
- Advanced level of English language, both spoken and written, as most of our customers are based internationally and our teams are international
- Be an inspirational technical support team manager who successfully motivates the team to deliver exceptional service to our customers and encourages learning, growth and development of the team.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the hosting industry and advanced technical knowledge of the following: WHM / cPanel, networking, Linux and KVM / XEN virtualization, Firewalls, File & Block Storage, HA, Failover, Troubleshooting, DNS, Security, Database administration;
- Experience in working and troubleshooting with Centos/Debian, Apache, Nginx, Caddy, MySQL and MariaDB, Exim, Dovecot, SSH, Bind, NFS, iSCSI, FC, TCP/IP, iproute2, KVM, eSXI, vSphere and vCenter, Automation and deployment with Ansible/SaltStack;
- Experience in installation/configuration and working with monitoring systems like PRTG, cacti, Grafana, ELK stack, Prometheus, node_exporter;
- Experience working with NAS, SAN, storage clusters – installation, configuration and troubleshooting;
- Experience working with iDRAC, iLO, IPMI – how to connect, update, reset;
- Scripting knowledge (at least reading, debugging and general script flow) for Bash shell or Python;
- Progressively responsible experience in directing staff, budgeting, and project management. These qualifications are typically gained from a minimum of five years of closely-related experience, plus graduation from a four-year college with a degree in computer science or a related field
- Know-how to take ownership and responsibility of task and ensure its completed / documented correctly;
- Plan the formulation of the division’s budget, and monitor expenses.
- Decision making, interpersonal skills, teamwork, creativity, customer service and independent judgment and/or independent action are continuously required. Mentoring, use of discretion, presentations/teaching, problem analysis, negotiation and training/supervision are frequently required.
- Focus and attention to details, ability to be concise and to detail tasks / issues when needed
- Multitasking both as an individual and in team-related daily activities;
- Proactive and curious, always seeking to improve and document processes for the Support team.
- Very attractive monthly salary, competitive to the local market;
- Private medical services subscription within the Medicover network for yourself and your family (wife/husband and children);
- Additional monthly benefits package (meal vouchers, private pension, public transportation, gift vouchers);
- Daily Fruit basket & coffee;
- High performance technical work equipment;
- A relaxation room and a playroom equipped with a ping pong table, Pool Table, Foosball, Xbox, Darts, beanbags;
- Car parking conveniently located next to the office building;
- Dedicated training and career progression plan, certified training partners;
- Yearly performance & salary review;
- Regular Teambuilding activities to get to know your colleagues and have fun together;
- The opportunity to travel to our work locations across the world;
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By applying for a role, you are agreeing to our Candidate Privacy Notice, which you can access here.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.
Sales: 0808 253 6500
Support: 0161 822 2580
To find out how our technology can transform your business get in touch