Product Marketing Manager
Purpose of the role
This role sits in the group marketing function leading our product marketing activities while working seamlessly with our sales and product teams. You will be our product expert within the marketing team and will help us deliver cut through marketing campaigns.
You’ll be responsible for the product marketing of our propositions, ensuring that content and activity presents our products in ways that will strengthen our brand, enhance our internal and external communications, and ultimately deliver sales.
Specific areas of responsibility include working with the product team to craft our product proposition (ensuring that the marketing of the product is front and centre); support the creation sales and product collateral; accountable for website copy for each of our product categories; support in the development of digital marketing messages and building on existing product messaging. All with the aim of setting our products apart from others in the market and demonstrating an understanding of the issues and challenges that customers face.
For this role, you will be a creative and quantitative thinker. You should be familiar with various product marketing techniques, such as email marketing, digital campaigns, sales enablement, and creation of presentations. You will also be an excellent copywriter who can convey our brand tone, product features and benefits, as well as be able to undertake a solution-based approach to our content.
- Work closely with the product team to understand the product road map and plan accordingly the marketing requirements for launch.
- Communicate the vision and value of new products to the sales team, supporting in the development of effective training materials. Designed to make it easy for sales to understand our product offerings and key positioning.
- Take the lead on the creation of product collateral to ensure sales enablement assets that facilitate the selling process (e.g. presentations, factsheets etc.) are delivered efficiently and on time.
- Identify product education initiatives and develop compelling creative assets to ensure that our users are always able to easily realise the full value of our products.
- Create and develop content such as product factsheets, case studies, website copy, webinar slides, whitepapers and blog posts etc. that establish M247 place in the market and educate the customer.
- Be the marketing team product expert. You must be able to translate the very complex into customer facing messaging.
- Collaborate with the wider marketing team to ensure our understanding of audience needs, messaging, tone of voice is consistent across all channels.
- Support the marketing owners to craft compelling product messages across all marketing channels as appropriate (e.g. website product pages, landing pages, ad campaigns, social media, email marketing, collateral etc.)
- Coordinate the efforts of the marketing owner to create a clear and measurable plan for growth within a category or sector vertical.
- Follow and analyse market trends, and research competitor offerings, to position our products as stand-out and differentiated from the competition.
- Obtain insights into customers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunities and customer personas, work with the business insight team to understand customer behaviour.
- 5 years product marketing experience in the tech sector.
- Experience in working in fast paced businesses where colleagues are supported to make their own decisions and find new ways to drive momentum.
- Excellent copywriting skills, the ability to make the complex simple.
- Strong briefing skills to work with third party copy writers to bring pieces to life.
- Understanding of Unified Communications; Hybrid Cloud and IT Managed services is desirable, to convey how M247 products support customer challenges.
- Creative thinker that generates and executes on innovative ideas.
- Proven track record in crafting positioning and thought leadership content and output.
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication including grammar and spelling.
- Hungry to gain insight into customer needs and experiences through analysis of data, surveys, and customer interviews.
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders often with competing priorities, working with them to align and gain approval.
- Commercially-minded, with a strong focus on KPIs, performances analysis and delivery – this role is passionate about supporting the business to grow sales.
- Understanding of how vendor partnerships and marketing development funds work.
- Skilled at aligning tactical outputs with business and product strategy.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
By applying for a role, you are agreeing to our Candidate Privacy Notice, which you can access here.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.
Sales: 0808 253 6500
Support: 0161 822 2580
To find out how our technology can transform your business get in touch