Product Manager – Cloud
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the Product Manager role is to further formalise and embed the Product Management life cycle methodology into the M247 business. The primary objective of this key role will be to lead the Cloud Product portfolio within the Technology organisation working closely with the Sales, Marketing, Finance and Commercial functions as well as with our customers to bring new products to market, establishing clear product profitability models and define clear product lifecycle strategies.
- Maximises Product revenues through strong P&L management practices
- Product Roadmap ownership, including feature and development lifecycle
- Create and maximise relationships with strategic partner product teams
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product descriptions and supporting the marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales leadership to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by meeting customers and strategic partners engaging with key industry bodies and events.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analysis, answering questions and requests.
- Brings new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analysis; establishing projects with time schedules across the relevant business departments in M247.
- Introduces and supports the marketing of new products by developing time-integrated go to market plans with sales, marketing, commercial and customer operations.
- Determines product pricing in association with the Head of Commercial by utilizing market research data; reviewing product cost base and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Partner closely with senior technology leadership, to ensure our platforms are robust and aligned to meet your long-term product visions for your area. KPI’s and SLAs.
- Complete operational readiness requirements through with key operations groups
- Embeds the philosophy and awareness of product management across the M247 business.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as required.
- Passionate and self-motivated, keen to take on new challenges to evolve their role and responsibilities as the business changes.
- Comfortable with taking ownership and responsibility for projects and can initiate the first steps themselves. Knows how and when to ‘check in’ to validate that objectives and outcomes are aligned.
- Technical aptitude to rapidly understand how technology can enable product capabilities and features in order to ‘join the dots’ with consumer needs and commercial value drivers.
- A strong collaborator who can build an effective partnering network with key stakeholders to co-create and execute product developments.
- Plans ahead to secure support from key resources and commitment to their plans in other team’s roadmaps. Focusses on key milestones and anticipates potential issues in order to keep implementation on track.
- Applies sound judgement to determine which decisions they should make for themselves, and which require the broader engagement of impacted stakeholders. Distils issues and problems into well-informed recommendations and decisions before sharing with senior stakeholders.
- Commercially astute with an analytical and numerate mind, able to rapidly analyse multiple sources of information and present clear conclusions bringing clarity to complex topics.
- Has the gravitas to effectively manage senior level relationships and main stakeholders at all levels. Able to challenge effectively with strong arguments whilst maintaining good working relationships.
- A confident communicator with strong written and verbal presentational skills. Can be clear about what’s required of people and by when.
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work with an ambiguous, fast-moving environment while also driving toward clarity and solutions, demonstrating resourcefulness in setting priorities.
- Comfortable working autonomously with an entrepreneurial drive for results.
- Committed to self-development.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Product Management role within a Cloud or Managed service provider business.
- Ideally working with product portfolios such as Public Cloud, Private Cloud, MS Azure, MS 365, VMware, Backup, IT Resilience, Data Management etc..
- Background in presales or program management is preferred.
- Familiarity with Agile framework.
- Organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Influencing & Persuasion skills.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Creative thinking.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Strong Data/Analytical focus – enjoys working with data to guide decision-making, comfortable analysing and gaining insights from data.
- Experience of pricing, negotiating, ROI and yield Management.
- Fantastic IT skills.
- Degree Educated.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By applying for a role, you are agreeing to our Candidate Privacy Notice, which you can access here.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.
Sales: 0808 253 6500
Support: 0161 822 2580
To find out how our technology can transform your business get in touch