Platform Engineer / System Engineer / DevOps Engineer
M247 technology are seeking a highly skilled Platform engineer. The Technology TDO organization is responsible for all delivery, operations and optimization of the company hosting and cloud, platforms and services.
The scope of Hosting and Cloud platform team is very much focused in a DEV/OPS operating model. The scope of the team covers all UK Hosting services including dedicated servers, technical remote hands and data centre support, shared web hosting and VPS platforms, public and private cloud platforms, solutions and the evolving Cloud product set. Additionally, providing Platform-as-a-Service for M247 internal IT systems and services.
This role would ideally suit someone from a system administration and/or software development background with an awareness of AWS/Azure although we will offer all our platform engineers training going forward. This is an exciting role, you will support dozens of different platforms and learn a lot. The salary we offer is very competitive, 25 days holiday and the option of flexible home working 1-2 days a week.
- Full technical operations authority for all hosting/cloud platform and services including adherence to architectural principles and service targets
- Physical and Virtual platform Lifecycle Management to ensure our hosting/cloud platforms & services remain operational, efficient and are aligned to product requirements.
- Responsible for the Hosting and Cloud Platform services lifecycle plan that builds in quality assurance whilst being mindful of data protection processes and frameworks (ISO27001 & GDPR)
- Liaising with external partners and suppliers to ensure delivery and operate the platform and services effectively
- Assistance with PoC evaluation of new architectures, technologies and products
- Ensures that delivery and operations are delivered to a best practice / innovate standard utilizing ITIL, and DEV/OPS practices to their full value
- Provides IAAS and PAAS services to the M247 IT & Technology organizations
- Provides delivery and operations support for customer specific solutions where the solutions are complex or use already established repeatable operations capability, backup and monitoring
- Works closely with the customer operations team providing 3rd line support for escalated issues
Role Specific Attributes
- Working knowledge/experience of Virtualization Hypervisors – VMware, Hyper-V
- Systems admin experience, across Windows, Unix, Linux
- Understanding of cyber-threats
- Working knowledge of ISO27001 and security frameworks
- Working knowledge/experience IT and Hosting platform hardening configurations and techniques
- Working knowledge/experience with Cloud architectures – Public (AWS, Azure) and Private Cloud solutions
- Proficiency in scripting or development is a plus
- Networking Skills – Cisco, Juniper
- Familiar with IT Enterprise Architectures – Business Support Systems and Operational Support Systems
- Working knowledge/experience with MSP operational best practice
- Working knowledge/experience of automation tools and scripting languages – Powershell, Python, C# etc
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
By applying for a role, you are agreeing to our Candidate Privacy Notice, which you can access here.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.
Sales: 0808 253 6500
Support: 0161 822 2580
To find out how our technology can transform your business get in touch