Group Product Manager – Hosting & Cloud
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the Hosting & Cloud Product Manager role is to further formalise and embed the Product Management life cycle methodology into the M247 business. The primary objective of this key role will be to lead the Hosting & Cloud Product portfolio within the Group Product & Technology organisation managing New Product Development, working closely with the Sales, Marketing, Finance and Commercial functions as well as with our customers to bring new products to market, establishing clear product profitability models and define clear product lifecycle strategies.
In return we offer a salary from £75k, 24 days holiday, plus an extra day for your birthday, contributory pension, healthcare, free parking, onsite facilities, pizza Friday once a month and other great benefits. We are based in Manchester, you will be needed in the office but we can also accommodate flexible home working.
M247 is a fast growing UK & International Connectivity led cloud services provider, backed by private equity, formed through past acquisitions of connectivity and cloud companies. It is based in Manchester, operates from six offices and has data centres in the UK and Europe and presence in 38 cities globally. The group has 250 employees, and 34,000 customers in more than 120 countries. The group has received a number of industry awards most recently the company was announced in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 & won the Megabyte50 Awards as the best performing company in the Telecoms sector.
M247 has embarked on an exciting period of growth building out its Hosting and Cloud product portfolio. The company has an ambitious product roadmap focussed on an overall Hybrid cloud strategy supported by key data management products. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to grow a fantastic product portfolio and really enable digital transformation for M247’s international customer base.
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Maximises M247s technology partner relationships to grow revenue and become a value adding certified partner.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product descriptions and supporting the marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by meeting customers and engaging with key industry bodies and events.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses, answering questions and requests.
- Brings new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements and product development programs, preparing return-on-investment analysis establishing projects with time schedules across the relevant business departments in M247.
- Introduces and supports the marketing of new products by developing time-integrated go to market plans with sales, marketing, commercial and customer operations.
- Determines product pricing in association with the Head of Commercial by utilizing market research data; reviewing product cost base and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Partner closely with senior technology leadership, to ensure our platforms are robust and aligned to meet your long-term product visions for your area, KPI’s and SLAs.
- Current experience in a Cloud or Managed service provider, Telco or ISP, business.
- Experience working as a Hosting or Cloud Product Manager
- Ideally working with products - Hyperscaler Public Cloud (MS AZURE, AWS, GOOGLE CLOUD), Cloud (Private and Shared), Disaster Recovery as a Service, Backup as a Service andDesktop as a Service.
- Familiarity with Agile framework.
- Organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Strong Commercial Awareness.
- Data/ Analytics – enjoys working with data to guide decision-making, comfortable analysing and gaining insights from data.
- Experience of pricing, negotiating, ROI and yield Management.
- Fantastic IT skills.
- Background in Cloud software development and program management is preferred.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
By applying for a role, you are agreeing to our Candidate Privacy Notice, which you can access here.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.
Sales: 0808 253 6500
Support: 0161 822 2580
To find out how our technology can transform your business get in touch