Group Financial Technical Accountant / Group Head of Technical Accounting Manchester
M247 is the leading connectivity-led cloud services partner. We offer a unique combination of services and products (connectivity, cloud, voice and security) to enable businesses to scale and transform with technology. The group has sales of £60m+ and has 300+ employees. M247 has an international footprint with the HQ in Manchester, UK with other offices in London and Bucharest.
This is a key role in the finance function, reporting directly into the Group CFO, working across the group to support the group statutory accounts, liaising internally and externally. For this role, you need to be technically strong to be able to take responsibility for ensuring the companies group financial reporting is technically compliant.
This role will sit within the Group Finance Team and would suit an individual keen to grow their career in a supportive learning environment. The business that we are in is constantly evolving and because of this, there is always an opportunity to further your professional and personal growth.
In return we are offering a salary up to £70k, flexible home working, 24 days annual leave plus an extra day for your birthday plus other great benefits.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the delivery of external reporting requirements and specifically lead the audit for the global business liaising with the external auditors, ensuring that timescales are communicated and agreed and the auditors’ requirements are met to ensure timely completion of their work
- Responsible for the statutory accounts production for the whole group as well as group tax
- As technical accounting lead, provide subject matter expertise for financial reporting queries and the provision of technical accounting knowledge including the implementation of new accounting standards (eg IFRS16), taking the lead on the understanding, analysis and modelling of technical accounting changes
- Actively contribute to the delivery of other finance change projects, including future M&A projects and seek new ways to identify financial efficiencies across a complex global business
- Perform quarterly balance sheet reconciliation reviews on behalf of the group finance team, highlighting non-compliance, inconsistencies, risks and opportunities
- Lead global tax planning, strategy, control and compliance workstreams and manage interface with external tax advisors.
- Responsible for the tax compliance of the UK entities corporation tax
- Production of sections of the board and group executive committee monthly reporting as directed by the CFO and Group Financial Controller
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customer outcomes and a reduction in the company’s operational risk through close liaison with the group risk and compliance team
- Lead Treasury planning and risk management including planning the management of forex risk
Experience and Qualifications
- Qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience and strong external reporting and IFRS expertise.
- Experience of managing audit and statutory accounts production
- Detailed knowledge of financial reporting regulatory requirements and legislatory frameworks
- Experience of dealing with complex transactions and associated accounting
- Good tax knowledge
- Highly analytical and skilled problem solver, with a strong commercial mind-set, and the ability to distil complex ideas or problems into simple, effective plans and solutions
- Ability to work in fast paced, complex organisation
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence effectively with productive, successful relationships with demanding senior stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships quickly and effectively
- Treasury management a plus
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
By applying for a role, you are agreeing to our Candidate Privacy Notice, which you can access here.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.
Sales: 0808 253 6500
Support: 0161 822 2580
To find out how our technology can transform your business get in touch