Cloud Solution Architect (Public Cloud)
Purpose of the role
M247 technology are looking for a Microsoft centric public & hybrid cloud solution architect whom is passionate and can evangelise cloud, including Microsoft portfolio (Azure, M365, SPLA) and working knowledge of AWS/GCP. The role is key in developing a recurring managed services cloud model into our existing and new client base.
The role forms part of the Technology – Portfolio, Product and Solution Architect team, you will work with business stakeholders across all levels and will play a key part in shaping the public & hybrid cloud strategy and future of the business.
- Full technical design authority for all Azure public cloud platforms and services including adherence to architectural principles and service targets
- Understand customer cloud journey and migration strategies
- Provide expertise and leadership regarding cloud architecture for both infrastructure and applications in public cloud
- Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels including DevOps engineering teams, Pre-sales and architect peers
- Responsible for the Hosting and Cloud Platform services lifecycle plan that builds in quality assurance whilst being mindful of data protection processes and frameworks (ISO27001 & GDPR)
- Performs Azure product development and design work that may include HLD, LLD, cloud architecture analysis and design, systems engineering
- Responsible for technical strategy and product roadmaps for future cloud implementations
- Developing business case analysis on potential projects
- Ensures security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions
- Build strong relationships with both internal & external partners and suppliers
- Act as a subject matter expert around Microsoft Azure, AWS and other cloud technologies for sales, engineering and solutions teams
Role Specific Attributes:
- Cloud architecture and subject matter expert (Azure, X365 & AWS)
- Technical solution selling
- Strategic Cloud Architectures with associated commercial knowledge
- Solution design (HLD/LLD)
- Appreciation of the cloud application development environments
- Proposal writing and RFP response
- Directly support the product management, technical presales teams and indirectly support the Sales team.
- Facilitate interactive customer workshops
- Owning of key strategic partnerships with vendors and distributors
- Excellent presentation skills (written, verbal and customer)
- Minimum 5-year system admin experience in an Information Technology role
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent field of study preferred
- Working knowledge of ISO27001 and security frameworks
- Strong understanding of cyber-threats
- Current knowledge of the Azure & AWS product sets and individual product use cases
- Working knowledge/experience of virtualization hypervisors – VMware, Hyper-V, AHV etc.
- Working knowledge/experience of virtualization technologies – Nutanix, vSAN, Storage Spaces, NSX
- Working knowledge/experience of automation and orchestration – Terraform, Ansible, Docker etc.
- Worked within large IT enterprise, vendor, reseller or MSP environment in customer facing role (presales/consultant)
- 5 years architecture experience, 10+ years in IT roles.
- Proven experience of new product development
- Commercial supplier management – driving roadmaps and product capability
- Background in virtualisation, storage and networking
- Commercially astute
- Business acumen (with understanding of customer sales cycles)
- Ability to monetise cloud services
- MS Azure (Networking, Health Check, Redis Cache, AG + F/W and Load Balancing, Azure AD, SQL, DevOps)
- AWS & Google
- O/M365 Portfolio
- VMware portfolio
- Dell/EMC portfolio
- Core networking L2/L3 (ExpressRoute, Direct Connect)
- ServiceNow/ Salesforce/ Mulesoft
- Problem solver
- Strategic thinker
- Diplomacy and negotiation
- Customer focused
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
By applying for a role, you are agreeing to our Candidate Privacy Notice, which you can access here.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.
Sales: 0808 253 6500
Support: 0161 822 2580
To find out how our technology can transform your business get in touch