Cloud Native – Database Administrator
Purpose of the role
M247 Technology are looking for a Cloud Native DBA who is passionate and enthusiastic about data services. The role is key in supporting existing data warehouse processes and BI Team, plus helping to develop and execute strategic roadmap products and services into our existing and new client base.
The role forms part of the Technology – Cloud Native, Applications and Data Services Team, you will work with business stakeholders across all levels and will play a key part in shaping the Data Services strategy and future product roadmaps of the business.
You will be the technical lead for database technologies, ensuring the health and availability of databases and data service systems in line with both internal and external governance, with security in mind.
Bringing vision and expertise from a wealth of industry experience, you will be working closely with the Head of Department, Product Teams and Technical Presales, to look for catalyst opportunities to build out new services for our customers.
We utilise our own industry specific 247Cloud platform for some of our existing database services, however the successful candidate will have experience with Azure SQL, AWS, DB Services and complex data migrations from traditional to next generation cloud native.
Experience working closely with Developers, Support and Cloud Teams to take our platform to the next level would be advantageous.
You will be responsible for troubleshooting any challenging performance issues and assist in developing & creating reports for multiple business units to meet their requirements.
This is an exciting and varied position that will cross all elements of production, development, reporting, security and you will be working alongside some of the brightest minds in the technology industry.
- Full technical design authority for all database products, platforms and services including adherence to architectural principles and service targets.
- Assist to define and shape the strategic business roadmap for Database and Data Warehouses, including new and existing products, services, and features.
- Act as DBA Subject Matter Expert for all projects undertaken by the business.
- Act as a point of escalation for operational areas of the business to troubleshoot and resolve database issues.
- Continuously research and identify new technologies and methodologies.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with both internal & external partners and suppliers.
- Internal/Customer and new database product posture expert and ownership.
- Review, refine and evolve existing data warehouse, extending scope from current sales reporting focus to providing a data platform for the wider business.
- Define core data requirements with stakeholders across the business, identifying all data inputs from internal and external data source.
- Set-up data transfer processes and schedule from input data sources.
- Where applicable, in conjunction with stakeholders, design and create input templates and ETL processes for the SQL data warehouse.
- In conjunction with the internal IT department, manage and maintain DB server(s) and data flows to ensure:
– Reliable data delivery through robust data transfer process
– Database integrity through best practice design and adequate back-up processes
– High availability and performance monitoring
– Services and components meet agreed performance targets and service levels
– Security, access control permissions and privileges
– Build SQL queries (procedures and views) to support reporting outputs
– Advise and assist on creation of reporting outputs, including within Power BI
– Build alerting system for data warehouse covering status and data changes
– Document all data transfer processes
– Build full audit trail of all data changes
Role specific attributes:
- Experience in Cloud Native Database and Data Services environments
- Experience with data migration strategies and moving both small and large scale production systems into Cloud Hyperscalers – Azure is essential, AWS\GCP would be advantageous
- In depth technical knowledge of database technologies – experience with both Microsoft SQL, and MySQL databases
- Previous experience working within an Azure\AWS\GCP or similar environment
- Data Warehousing
- Implementing backup and recovery strategies for DB’s
- Knowledge of ITIL service management & Agile frameworks
- Application lifecycle methodologies
- Incident, problem, change and release management processes
- Directly supporting the product & business function teams
- Minimum 5-year system admin experience in a Database / Datawarehouse Administrator role
- Worked within large IT enterprise, CSP or MSP would be advantageous
- Experience with DBaaS solutions
- Strong understanding of database architecture, data modelling, schema design and development.
- 5+ years experience with Microsoft SQL
- Experience with data migration strategies and moving large scale production systems to cloud environments
- Experience with database performance tuning
- Database management tools
- Cloud Data Engineer/SysAdmin experience
- AGILE delivery methodology
- Ability to monetise Cloud DBA services
- Relevant DB industry certifications – MCSA SQL / Microsoft Certified Azure Database Administrator or equivalent.
- Problem solver
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact well with technical / non-technical teams
- Self-starter / Work Independently
- Team Player / Leader
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
By applying for a role, you are agreeing to our Candidate Privacy Notice, which you can access here.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.
Sales: 0808 253 6500
Support: 0161 822 2580
To find out how our technology can transform your business get in touch