Cloud and Hosting Engineer Line 3
M247 Operations are seeking a highly-skilled 3rd Line Cloud and Hosting engineer.
The Operations organisation is responsible for all support and management of internal & external
customer services while maintaining the Cloud & Hosting platforms.
The scope of the Cloud and Hosting support team is very much focused on supporting our customer base & managing the products they purchase from us, these services include, dedicated servers, shared web hosting and VPS platforms, public and private cloud platforms.
- Lifecycle Management to ensure our cloud platforms & services remain operational, efficient and are aligned to product requirements
- Plan out and implement scheduled maintenance on the various cloud & hosting platforms
- Support the delivery of KPIs and SLAs to in adherence to customer & platform contracts
- Provide support & mentoring to junior line 1 & 2 engineers
- Supporting escalated incidents or service requests when & providing end to end task completion
- Escalating incidents or service requests when necessary to the appropriate internal or external skill group, ensuring effective handover of diagnostics carried out to date and results
- Responsible for delivery and managing key projects, customer or platform/services
- Ensures that delivery and operations are delivered to a best practice / innovative standard utilizing ITIL frameworks
- Production of low level operational and support documentation
- Building and maintaining relationships with colleagues, Client contacts, and internal stakeholders e.g. service and project management teams, platform, and infrastructure departments
- Act as a point of escalation (including OOH) for escalated incidents
- Participate in the rollout of new products and capabilities – defining and implementing the support requirements and capabilities based on the product definition.
Role Specific Attributes:
- Minimum 5-year experience in a support or Information Technology role
- Working knowledge of ISO27001 and security frameworks
- Strong understanding of cyber-threats
- Proficiency in scripting or development is a plus
- Systems admin experience, across Windows, Unix, Linux etc.
- Experience in managing virtualized environments up to and including OS (Windows/Linux)
- Working knowledge/experience of Virtualization Hypervisors – vmware, Hyper-V etc.
- Working knowledge/experience IT and Hosting platform hardening configurations and techniques
- Working knowledge/experience Layer-2/3 networking
- Working Knowledge/experience of IT resilience products such as Cohesity and Zerto, Understanding of cloud technology, Public (AWS and Azure), Private (Nutanix, Vmware, Microsoft)
- Experience with support systems (ServiceNow preferred)
- Knowledge/working experience in defining and refining monitoring alerts/thresholds and documenting actions based on alert definitions.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, communication, and documentation skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to work under own initiative
- A commitment to continuous self-improvement, a good communicator that works well with others, striving to provide the best possible service, and act as a trusted adviser to our customers.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status, or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
By applying for a role, you are agreeing to our Candidate Privacy Notice, which you can access here.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.
Sales: 0808 253 6500
Support: 0161 822 2580
To find out how our technology can transform your business get in touch