Business Development Executive (Connectivity/Telephony/Security)
London (Home working until we return to the office)
Competitive salary & bonus, 24 days holiday plus an extra day for your birthday
M247 is the UK’s fastest-growing connectivity and cloud services provider. Established in Manchester in 2003 as Metronet UK, we have since grown rapidly, both organically and through transformative acquisitions, in order to deliver high-speed connectivity and managed services to corporates and SMEs across the Midlands and the North of England, with notable expansions into London and Europe during the recent period. The combined Group entity, which rebranded as M247 in 2017, has since become a one stop shop technology partner for fast growing ICT intense organisations through its advanced hybrid ISP network and DCs in the UK; a global DC and transit network, and a strong portfolio of Cloud services.
The Sales Team at M247 is fun, diverse, and self-driven. We love to build relationships and to challenge the status quo. Our main goal is to bring value to our clients by leveraging our technology. Join us!
We are looking for our next sales superstar to join our amazing team in London. You must have industry experience in either connectivity, telephony, or security. You must be hungry, passionate, an expert at winning new business and exceeding business sales targets. You will be a go-getter, consistently creating new outbound sales opportunities (through calls, social media and other channels). You will have a natural ability and flair to up-sell M247 products & services, with the aim of closing inbound sales leads.
And you REALLY want to join us because… we offer a competitive salary plus OTE, 24 days annual leave, plus an extra day for your birthday.
Day to day duties
- Source potential new customers via a number of different channels such as LinkedIn, blogs, and commentary on relevant industry topics or interest areas
- Understand customer needs and business outcome requirements, ensuring maximum conversion rates
- Understand customers business objectives and explore whitespace with the aim to up sell M247 products and services
- Make cold and warm calls to generate and nurture outbound leads
- Respond quickly to customer enquiries in order to maximise conversion rates
- Use the research tools provided to understand customers and research competitor positions to maximise conversions
- Foster strong internal relationships and excellent teamworking environments with key teams such as provisioning, pre-sales and management
- Forecast accurately through a clear understanding of the customer decision making processes, fostering influencer, recommender and decision maker relationships and having a clear understanding of budgetary sign-off timeframes and requirements
You are or have...
- Industry awareness, (Connectivity/Telephony/Security) with the ability to identify market trends, threats and opportunities
- Exceptional ability to qualify sales leads and exceed targets
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Customer advocacy
- Highly developed planning and prioritisation skills
- Expert internal/external networking and relationship building
- Expert internal/external customer research
- Professionalism and resilience
- Expert and agile influencing style
- Commercial awareness
- Effective data understanding and interpretation abilities
- Belief in great service
- Take ownership and accountability
- Proactive approach
COVID update: This role will be initially remote (until at least the end of 2020). Then, based in our London office.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
By applying for a role, you are agreeing to our Candidate Privacy Notice, which you can access here.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.
Sales: 0808 253 6500
Support: 0161 822 2580
To find out how our technology can transform your business get in touch