Purpose of the role
As part of our growth strategy, M247 has a vacancy for a bid manager based in Manchester to manage our bid processes and tender responses through all stages of the customer’s procurement processes for our business opportunities across the UK.
The Bid Manager will coordinate all phases of the proposal process to enable M247 to submit winning responses to key clients’ Request for Proposal (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and Requests for Quotations (RFQs).
The Bid Manager is also responsible for managing and driving our Public Framework strategy.
The Bid Manager will manage virtual cross-functional bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders in the development of winning proposals and RFX responses, ensuring they are fully briefed and understand the client bid requirements/key deliverables and develop a win plan for each opportunity in a timely manner.
You will demonstrate project management skills, effective time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines, a commitment to teamwork, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and detailed follow-through will be the keys to success in this role.
The role will involve end-to-end management and ownership of all Bid materials and the Bid Production process from allocation through to the customers Win/Loss decision.
The role reports directly to the Group Commercial Director.
- Collating the responses, editing, and formatting documents, uploading completed documents, and managing procurement portal alerts
- Design and deliver proposal development content and tools for Sales teams to utilize when responding to unsolicited proposals
- Creation of a Bid Plan that defines the resources required to complete the bid, the actions that each Virtual Bid Team member is required to complete, and the deadlines that the actions are required for
- Project manage proposal efforts with Sales, Marketing, Technical, Operational, Legal, Contractors, Subcontractors, and Finance resources to ensure all timelines are met
- Ensure quality control throughout the proposal process under tight deadlines
- Constantly improve the proposal procedures for future bidding opportunities
- Maintain adherence to company policies and procedures regarding proposal preparation
- Perform high-level compliance assessment of client RFX requirements
- Produce compelling first draft Cover Letters, Executive Summaries, and Value Proposition Statements according to client need statements
- Manage post-proposal analysis of submitted RFI/RFP documents
- Assist the Commercial Director with reporting and key bid metrics
- The successful candidate will ideally have experience in a Bid/Proposal Management environment with a track record of leading winning Bid teams from capture/kickoff to contract award
- Demonstration of the necessary personality and leadership skills to engage and motivate a diverse virtual team
- The ability to build relationships with relevant internal departments and procurement departments across the client base
- Leadership skills as this is a proactive role working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to function well in a deadline-driven work environment, in which priorities change quickly and work products must be generated rapidly
- Extensive in-depth knowledge of evaluating and responding to commercial client requests for information, quotations, and proposals
- The skill to independently define, schedule, and manage the proposal preparation process, including the ability to understand and analyse the details of a RFP
- Excellent written skills to convey the best possible solution for the client, including draft Cover Letters, Executive Summaries, and Value Proposition Statements
- Highly beneficial if you have APMP training, Proposal Development Certification, or Project Management Certification (Certification will be targeted within 18 months of being in the role)
- Experience within Telecoms or IT services or a similar environment
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status, or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
By applying for a role, you are agreeing to our Candidate Privacy Notice, which you can access here.
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.
Sales: 0808 253 6500
Support: 0161 822 2580
To find out how our technology can transform your business get in touch