Purpose of the role
A PBX / Voice Engineer will act as the main point of contact for customer faults relating to the voice product portfolios providing break/fix and managed service activities.
To provide specialist support to M247 customers across a portfolio of high-end managed voice products on the service desk taking incoming calls, online tickets and emails from our managed voice solutions customers to include:
- Hosted Voice
- SIP trunks users
- Working as part of a team to deliver internal and customer SLAs
Concentrating on our voice solutions customers, pro-actively undertake fault trend analysis in relation to our in-life services to ensure they remain fit for purpose and adequately meet client needs.
Provide a specialist dedicated escalation route for issues experienced by our customer base.
Offer ad-hoc and formal support across the service desk to ensure that technical skills are shared with colleagues to assist in providing exceptional customer experience to our customers.
In the event of a major service outage to liaise with all relevant departments, undertake emergency fault diagnostics to resolution.
Assist customers with change requests and addition of new services and their configuration.
Proactively monitor the voice solutions to ensure events are captured and resolved prior to them becoming an incident.
Assisting customers with difficult fault related problems and suggest immediate action to limit damage and to provide restoration of services.
- Configuration and provision of hosted telephony solutions (Call Flows, HG and Users)
- Configuration and provision of SIP Trunking with associated numbering services
- Configuration and provision of TDM to SIP equipment
- Involement in the number portability process
- Testing and technical sign of MACs (Moves, adds and changes)
- Following internal and external change control procedures
- Troubleshooting during the phase
- End-user training of various systems
- End to end ownership of all customer issues: internal & external
- Ensure trouble tickets stay within operational SLA’s
- Contributing to knowledgebase resources
- Cortex phone system training with manufacturer provided
- Experience in deploying PBX and telephony systems
- Telephony understanding of concept
- Troubleshooting/root cause analysis
- IP networks and data networks knowledge and debugging
- PCAP – Desirable
- SIP knowledge (protocols) understanding SIP codes – Desirable
- Firewall understanding, role in networks
- Understanding of how telecommunications networks are built and moved
- Desirable: Cisco and Fortinet knowledge
- High standard of written and verbal communication
- High levels of attention to detail
- Well developed planning and prioritisation skills
- Expert customer service skills – positive approach
- Proactive approach to solutions: common sense approach
- Expert internal/external networking and relationship building
- Takes pride in brilliant work
- Expert and agile influencing style
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.