Purpose of the role
A PBX / Voice Engineer will act as the main point of contact and resolution of customer incidents, changes and queries relating to Voice services delivered by M247.
You will use your soft skills to be empathetic, patient and polite whilst communicating with both internal and external customers of varying technical ability. Be able to break down technical jargon and present it in understandable way to non-technical people and guide customers on the solution which best fits their needs.
Using your technical skills you will resolve incidents and changes, and escalate when necessary
The M247 VoIP team presents many opportunities for Internal development and training through the M247 Technical Academy and involvement with new equipment and service integration. We pride ourselves with hiring highly capable Engineers who will be given access to a variety of systems in order to troubleshoot any issues they are presented with from start to finish with the guidance of senior engineers if required.
The M247 VoIP team is responsible for a quickly growing service and therefore this continuously presents us with opportunities to learn and grow as well as opportunities for career development and progress.
Interact with our customers over the phone, via an online Service Management system, or over email upholding our customer service values.
Resolution of service related issues, moves, adds and changes (MACs), and customer queries. Using your experience and knowledge of the products to guide the customers on the solution which best fits their needs working with your team, internal departments or third partys as required.
Help customers in times of need by providing work-arounds for service outages (if possible) or help them meet their business success factors when it comes to voice services delivered by M247. This could be through remote training sessions with the end users and on rare occasions on site with the customer.
Log all customer interactions, technical details and in-life changes within the M247 Service Management system and ensure CMDBs have been updated to reflect any changes.
Share technical and soft skills, and “know-how” built based on your experience within the industry with coleagues within the team. Participate in upskilling and training new team members. Contribution to knowledgebase content creation and maintenance.
Pro-active monitoring of customer devices, services, carrier interconnects and core platofrms to ensure a timely re-action to events, and alerts which could affect the delivery of customer services, helping get ahead of issues, and thus reducing the recovery time of customer services.
Undertake pro-active and re-active trend analysis on customer tickets, alerts and events to uncover potential service related issues, to ensure our services are always delivered to our customers at an optimal level.
Provide specialist support to internal and M247 customers across the voice product portfolio:
- Managed Hosted telephony, unified communication and collaboration services (UC&C).
- SIP trunk services.
- Direct Dial In (DDI)/Direct Inward Dialing (DID) call delivery over SIP trunk services and to the Hosted Telephony Platforms
- Outbound call termination services, including international local breakouts.
- Understanding of Voice over IP principles, the Session initiation protocol (SIP), the Session Description Protocol (SDP) and the Real-time Transport protocol (RTP).
- Understanding of basic network principles such as IP addressing, basic routing and switching, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), etc.
- Configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting of hosted telephony solutions (Users, Call Flows, Hunt Groups, Auto-Attendants, Call Centres, etc.).
- Configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting of VoIP Handsets of multiple vendors and models, Analogue Telephone Adapters (ATA) and Media Gateways (Analogue and ISDN).
- Configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting of SIP Trunk and associated call delivery services.
- Population of Configuration Management Databases (CMDBs) as part of the provisioning process.
- Planning, technical sign of, implementation, testing and documenting of MACs (Moves, adds and changes).
- Adhere to the internal service management processes (Event, Incident, Problem and Change). Follow external change control procedures where applicable.
- End to end ownership of assigned cases: internal and external. Ensure technical and management escalations are invoked in a timely manner in order to ensure operational SLAs are met.
- Experience in a customer facing environment. Be positive and patient whilst interacting with both colleagues and external customers.
- High level understanding of carrier grade core and hosted telephony network elements.
- Basic configuration and troubleshooting of carrier grade Session border controllers (SBCs) from vendors such as Genband, Sonus, Oracle, Metawitch, AudioCodes, etc.
- Basic configuration and troubleshooting of policy-based voice routing equipment such as Genband C20, Sonus PSX, Netaxis SRE.
- Basic Linux administration skills.
- Ability to follow complex call flows (5-6 call legs).
- Evaluation of complex technical changes.
- Knowledge about the number portability process.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.