Purpose of the role
M247 operates as an Internet Service Provider providing leading-edge internet broadband to business customers, built around a sophisticated international network infrastructure that we own and maintain. Apart from our superior products, our core differentiator is excellence in customer service.
- High level of customer service ensuring the customer’s expectations are met to their specific requirements
- Configuration/Implementation of low-level designs predominantly Mikrotik/Cisco
- Proactively manage and support customer solutions whilst working alongside the infrastructure team on core network issues
- Produce thorough documentation on low-level designs
- Providing out of hours on-call support on a rotating basis
- Offsite engineer visits to nearby exchanges/datacentres performing cabling tasks
Recommended personal attributes
- Enthusiastic to learn and develop within networking
- Clearly spoken and confident in communicating both externally/internally
- Experience with the following devices: Mikrotik, Cisco, Meraki, Huawei & brocades (desirable)
- Understands network topologies and can accurately analyse data
- Passionate about customer satisfaction though excellent service
- Attention to detail
- Good understanding of leased lines, EAD, VDSL, EoFTTC and Ethernet (desirable)
- CCNA or aiming to become CCNA or equivalent (BCNA, MTCNA)
- Proven track record of excellent documentation
- Knowledge of the OSI networking model, TCP/IP protocols, Layer 2 functionalities STP, dot1q, QinQ.
- Experience within a networking / ISP role (2 years desirable but not required)
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.