Purpose of the role
The Project Management Office is part of the Technology team within the CTO organisation. The team consists of full-time project co-ordinators, project managers and senior project managers who:
- Define and develop leading project management best practice, sharing this across the organisation.
- Track and monitor all initiatives across the organisation to ensure the Board are able to make decisions as required.
- Lead the organisation’s strategically critical projects, ensuring they are delivered successfully.
- Provide support to initiatives owned within the wider organisation, whilst understanding the impact these will have on other initiatives.
- Responsible for the simultaneous planning and delivery of multiple large sized full projects or programmes of smaller projects within the agreed time, quality and cost objectives.
- Identifies opportunities and actively influences the Transformation Roadmap.
- Develops business cases to secure investment and realise benefits that are material to achieving the organisations strategic intent.
- Leads project teams, either direct line or matrix resources, and will work with partners both internally and externally to ensure deliverables and milestones are achieved.
- Works collaboratively across the PMO team, wider organisation and our partners/customers to achieve defined outcomes.
- Advocates the organisation’s project management approach, influence key stakeholders to embrace the initiative and engage at all levels of the organisation.
- Continually seeks new ways of working to reduce effort and increase successful outcomes, sharing these with the PMO team.
- Seeks out change opportunities across the organisation, ensuring all initiatives are taken through the PMO front door process.
- Constructively challenges others, regardless of position or status, particularly challenging non-fact-based decision making.
- Coaches the project co-ordinators and project managers within the PMO to develop overall effectiveness.
Project Delivery specific
- Prioritises activities in order to make sure key deliverables are achieved within the time, quality and cost objectives.
- Ensures alignment across the project team through regular checkpoint reviews, reporting and presentations on progress to the Project Boards and Steering Groups.
- Develops detailed project, implementation or action plans for the duration of each project as appropriate and ensures that change control measures are implemented once the project is launched.
- Makes sure each project has a clear objective, benefit statement and scope formally documented and agreed with stakeholders.
- Applies strong analytical capability to review data, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Provides timely and accurate project reporting across milestone timescales, demand impacts, quality and financial measures so that sponsors and stakeholders have visibility of sufficient information to take decisions.
- Identifies risks, issues and dependencies associated with projects and develops mitigation plans to minimise disruption to successful delivery.
- Captures lessons learned during the project lifecycle and translates these in to executable actions that can be adopted by the wider PMO community.
- Maps all stakeholders associated with the project and delivers an effective schedule of project communications targeted to the audiences within each stakeholder group.
- Influences stakeholders to avoid conflict and is capable of resolving conflicts should they arise during the project lifecycle.
- Simplifies complex project information and distils it into simple, key messages with impact.
- Escalates (appropriately) issues that have or imminently will exceed the project boundaries.
- Implements mechanisms to ensure changes are sustainable and is able to demonstrate this through evidence.
- Recognised formal project management qualification (PMP/APMP/Prince2/P30 or equivalent).
- Degree qualified is desirable.
- Developed project management and planning skills and experience spanning five or more years.
- Outstanding attention to detail (written and numerical), excellent written and spoke English along with advanced Microsoft Office skills are essential.
- Self-motivated individual capable of successful delivery with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be flexible by adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- Strong inter-personal, time management and problem-solving skills.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.