Purpose of the role
Our Network Infrastructure Engineers are responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of M247’s Global Core, Transit and Access Networks, including peering and transit connectivity. They provide expert technical assistance to other team members and colleagues, whilst delivering a network change programme that underpins M247’s strategic goals.
This role will be reporting to the UK Network, Security and Voice Manager and be responsible for designing, implementing and testing complex network infrastructure in support of our group & customer needs.
- Large scale network infrastructure monitoring and support.
- Assisting with platform design, implementation and optimization projects.
- Providing 4th line support for internal teams and customers across all tiers of the network.
- ISP IP Network management incl BGP, OSPF, ISIS, Transit, Peering & Colocation expertise.
- Develop peer relationships.
- Traffic optimization and routing resilience.
- Liaising with 3rd party vendors
- Project planning and delivery.
- Out of hours maintenance.
- On call support
You will have a background in the ISP, Telecoms industry or similar, have excellent knowledge of ISP routing protocols and platforms including BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS etc. Working closely with your colleagues, you will be a positive communicator and a proactive team member.
Your contributions will enhance the overall team’s output and will ensure the successful handover of secure, resilient and high performing network services. You will also work closely with our Operations teams to ensure they have the tools, knowledge and support necessary to operate and manage performance on our network.
You will be required to provide onsite and remote support to our technical teams who have critical maintenance and development programs across all tiers of our infrastructure.
You will need the ability to work both independently and as part of a team to answer technical queries, urgently analyze technical issues and address level 3 escalations.
You will be a part of an International Network Infrastructure Team, so communication skills are very important for this role.
- Experience of a relevant role within an ISP/Comms provider.
- Analytical thinking skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- CCNP Service Provider or relevant experience
- Strong MPLS / BGP / IS-IS / OSPF skills essential
- Project management experience desirable
- Commercial awareness and ability to create compelling business cases.
- Attention to detail and drive to succeed with flexibility in approach and style.
- Collaborative approach to internal team working
- Proactive approach to solutions: common sense approach
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Essential strong Cisco/Juniper skills
- Desired Arista, Sonicwall and Fortinet skills
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.