Purpose of the role
Working closely with our external payroll providers, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for managing and operating the overall payroll system with the greatest level of accuracy and efficiency to ensure M247’s payroll is completed in timely and accurately.
You will create and maintain colleague payroll records. Calculate wages and applicable deductions / additions. Using the IRIS Portal you will be responsible for entering all payroll information ready for processing. Ensuring all documentation is collated accurately to send to our payroll provider.
- Responsible for processing 3 payrolls on a monthly basis.
- Maintain accurate payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Prepare pay reports to submit to our payroll provider.
- Handling confidential and sensitive information appropriately, maintaining colleague confidence, protecting payroll operations, adopting a confidential approach to all pay information.
- Give considered, informed answers to all colleague questions relating to wages, deductions and other related pay queries.
- Resolve any payroll differences by investigating and analysing information to identify any differences in timesheet and payroll records.
- Processing of payroll deductions.
- Calculate colleague take-home pay.
- Tax and National Insurance calculations.
- Handle changes in exemptions, job status, job titles keeping all updates accurately in the payroll amends sheet.
- Ensuring all statutory reporting is completed to the highest standards within legislation deadlines.
- Complete payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review. Answering any payroll audit questions by external auditors.
- Perform the distribution of wages or direct transfers to employees’ bank accounts.
- Completing pension schedules and uploading pension data.
- Preparing P14/ P60s, P45, P11D and New Starters.
- Administer childcare vouchers and any other salary sacrifice scheme deductions.
- Reconcile payroll reports provided by our payroll provider for record-keeping purposes and managerial review.
- Review absence reports.
- Managing and tracking maternity, paternity, sickness payments.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- To assist with the administration for new starters and leavers, preparation of job descriptions, job adverts, contracts, induction and other related paperwork and tasks.
Essential Requirements of The Role
- Strong IT skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (competent with spreadsheets and using excel functions VLOOKUP etc)
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people professionally
- Capable of working independently
- Effective time management/prioritising
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to deadlines
- Basic understanding of tax procedures and pension regulations, familiarity with benefits and other wage deductions
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Sound decision-making skills
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.