In your role as Line 1 hosting engineer, you act as the first point of contact for customer faults relating to the hosting product portfolios providing break/fix and managed service activities. Whilst supporting and managing customer expectations you will pro-actively undertake fault trend analysis in relation to our in-life services to ensure they remain fit for purpose and adequately meet the clients needs.
In the event of a major service outage to liase with all relevant departments, undertake emergency fault diagnostics to resolution.
Assist customers with change requests and addition of new services and their configuration.
Undertake patching and maintenance of platform and environment.
Perform platform migrations as part of a project.
Proactively monitor the hosted solutions to ensure events are captured and resolved prior to them becoming an incident.
- Provide coaching, training and support when required
- Identify process and services improvements
Main products managed by Hosting
- Managed and Shared Hosting
- Storage and Backup
- Virtual Server / SAN
- Linux / Redhat
- Windows/Linux hosting
- Working experience of Windows Server including SQL Server, Exchange Server, IIS, Terminal
Services/RemoteApp Services, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Server administration and management
- Extensive DNS knowledge
- Troubleshooting and supporting Email services and mailflow start to finish
- Ability to install and troubleshoot server and networking services
- Virtualization technologies, such as VMware, Xen and Hyper V
- Experience with managing platforms (Apache/IIS Web Servers, shared or managed hosting)
- Experience with hosting control panels such as Plesk and cPanel
- Basic ability to read and understand site code such as HTML, PHP, ASP
- Proficiency in Linux servers, including Ubuntu and Red Hat based servers in a LAMP environment, as well as MySQL, FTP, SMTP/POP3 servers and DNS.
- Experience of WAN technologies, especially ADSL and FTTC services but also Leased Lines
- Hardware failures
- Prior experience of PRTG
- Understanding of SAN technologies
- Proactive response to incidents within the hosting ecosystem
- Prior experience of SonicWALL appliances would be advantageous
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working within a support function doing shift work
- Exception experience dealing with customer base
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Aspirations to excel and progress within the business
- A commitment to continuous self-improvement, a good communicator that works well with others, striving to provide the best possible service and act as a trusted adviser to our customers.
- Excellent planning, problem solving with clear decision making..
This role is part of a 24/7 service desk & will cover 3 shift patterns with the expectation to work night shift 1 week in 6.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.