Purpose of the role
To help provide deskside support and assist in resolving software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the employee as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
You will be responsible for managing and delivering a first class support service for IT systems and software solutions that supply mission-critical services to our business and customers. You will promote our company values by encouraging quality and high performance within the team. Throughout all activities, you will utilise your expertise to proactively offer the best IT support service that enables our business and our people deliver an unrivalled service to our customers.
This role reports to the service desk manager.
- To work on tickets assigned to you by the service desk manager.
- Update ticket and order records with detailed notes throughout all stages of all processes.
- To maintain accurate records relating to configuration management database and other aspects of IT Service Management.
- Provide remote assistance over the phone and through the use of remote support tools.
- Follow the escalation process as required.
- To install or reinstall software and to image or reimage computers and handheld devices locally or using remote deployment tools.
- Ensure the proper care, handling, security and maintenance of network equipment and hardware.
- To complete systems administration tasks.
- To make positive and constructive contributions to meetings.
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- To install and configure new IT equipment.
- To resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners.
- To create temporary user accounts and reset passwords ensuring that the correct permissions and data security are applied. This entails dealing with confidential information ensuring full compliance with the data protection act.
- To maintain a first-class level of service ensuring that all employees are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
- To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- To create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all employees in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient.
- Be willing to attend internal and external training as necessary to keep up to date with the latest technology and internal system processes.
- To work within the relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- To participate in the Annual Performance Development Review Process.
- To actively support equality and diversity policies of M247.
- To attend training courses as identified and agreed for appropriate development.
- Working within the Health and Safety at Work Act, the postholder has a legal duty to take reasonable care for Health and Safety both for themselves and others who may be affected by their actions. They are also required to undertake Health and Safety training commensurate with the level required by the post and to take part in risk assessment procedures and the implementation of agreed recommended work practices within the area.
- Ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance to any required standards and policies; GDPR,ISO27001/9001, Health and Safety and other legislation.
- Undertaking other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility.
M247 Core Attributes
Raise the Bar:
We challenge ourselves to be the best we can be. By constantly raising the bar in everything we do,
we ensure that our customers and stakeholders benefit from greater innovation, better value, new ideas and a fresh approach to business.
We are the productivity champions! We act with purpose and without fear to lead our industry and know that through our speed of innovation + flexibility + excellence in customer service, we will always deliver Connectivity without Compromise
We deliver at pace, without compromise. We recognise that speed and flexibility provide significant competitive advantages, for our customers and ourselves.
Winning is a habit. It’s about working hard and having fun – together – every day. It’s about aiming to deliver the very best we can and, when we fail, picking ourselves up and supporting our valued colleagues as we learn from it; together!
Customers are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we take time to understand what our customers really need so that we become their most valued adviser, empowering them to deliver business productivity.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.