We are hiring an Information Security Analyst to work in our growing IT Security team. You will monitor our computer networks for security issues, install security software, and document any security issues or breaches you find. To do well in this role you should have a bachelor’s degree in computer science and experience in the information security field.
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with the security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends, standards and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Perform penetration testing.
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Strong academic record, to degree level or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Working knowledge of several key security technologies: SIEM solutions, DLP, Malware protection, Cryptography, Forensic software, IDS/IPS, File Integrity solutions, Identity Management, Firewalls, and Active Directory.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
- Industry certifications Security+, CISSP, CISM, or CISA; CEH, or GIAC
- Experience defining and implementing IT security frameworks, policies and influencing change.
- Security standards development, security education, vulnerability assessments, risk assessment, and compliance testing.
- Knowledge of information security standards and controls, (e.g. ISO 27001, NIST, SANS, COBIT, PCI DSS) rules and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality for desktops, servers, applications, databases, and networks devices.
- Experience using scripting and programming languages
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Cross-discipline skills such as TCP/IP, Windows, Linux, Mac, Servers, Workstations, Mobile etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Strong customer focusable to meet the demands of internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact and build strong relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- A practiced ability to influence peers, customers, and project teams to make security minded decisions and changes.
- Effective time management, project management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple IT Security projects simultaneously and deliver within established time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT-related knowledge and experience in solving compliance issues.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.