We’re Hiring! – Our Hosting engineer analyst will act as a main point of contact for customer faults relating to the hosting product portfolios providing break/fix and managed service activities.
Your New Role
To provide specialist support to M247 customers across a portfolio of high-end managed hosting products on the hosting service desk taking incoming calls, online tickets and emails from our managed hosting solutions customers to include:
- Managed and Shared Hosting
- Storage and Backup
- Virtual Server / SAN
- Linux / Redhat
Concentrating on our hosted solutions customers, pro-actively undertake fault trend analysis in relation to our in-life services to ensure they remain fit for purpose and adequately meet the clients’ needs. You will be working as part of a team to deliver internal and customer SLAs.
Provide a specialist dedicated escalation route for issues experienced by our customer base.
Offer ad-hoc and formal support across the service desk to ensure that technical skills are shared with colleagues to assist in providing exceptional customer experience to our customers.
In the event of a major service outage to liaise with all relevant departments, undertake emergency fault diagnostics to resolution.
Assist customers with change requests and addition of new services and their configuration.
To undertake patching and maintenance.
Proactively monitor the hosted solutions to ensure events are captured and resolved prior to them becoming an incident.
Assisting customers with difficult fault related problems and suggest immediate action to limit damage and to provide restoration of services.
Perform platform migrations as part of a project.
- Extensive experience building, installing, maintaining and supporting Linux servers. Ideally Redhat/Debian based distributions
- Windows Server
- Experience in diagnosing various server issues using standard open source tools
- Extensive experience using Linux control panels, such as cPanel and Plesk
- Experience of Linux system administration in a hosting environment
- Experience of Linux system administration in a networking environment
- Experience of VMware and SAN
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience
- Qualification/certification to RHCE/LPIC-2/Ubuntu Certified Professional is required
- FTP (including SFTP & FTPS)
- Mail servers
- Networked file systems
- File/Filesystem replication
- Load balancing
- DNS and IP