A Hosting Engineer will act as the main point of contact for customer faults relating to the hosting product portfolios providing break/fix and managed service activities.
To provide specialist support to M247 customers across a portfolio of high-end managed hosting products on the service desk taking incoming calls, online tickets and emails from our managed hosting solutions customers to include:
- Managed and Shared Hosting
- Storage and Backup
- Virtual Server
- Linux / Redhat
Working as part of a team to deliver internal and customer SLAs
Provide a specialist dedicated escalation route for issues experienced by our customer base.
Offer ad-hoc and formal support across the service desk to ensure that technical skills are shared with colleagues to assist in providing exceptional customer experience to our customers.
In the event of a major service outage to liaise with all relevant departments, undertake emergency fault diagnostics to resolution.
Assist customers with additions of new services and their configuration.
Assisting customers with difficult fault related problems and suggest immediate action to limit damage and to provide restoration of services.
Perform migrations where required.
- Experience building, installing, maintaining and supporting Linux and Windows servers
- Experience in diagnosing various server issues using standard open source tools
- Extensive experience using Linux control panels, such as cPanel and Plesk
- Experience of Linux system administration in a hosting environment
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience
- Qualification/certification to RHCE/LPIC-2/Ubuntu Certified Professional is desirable
- FTP (including SFTP & FTPS)
- Mail servers
- Networked file systems
- File/Filesystem replication
- Load balancing
- DNS and IP
- To be flexible, responsible with a keen customer focus.
- Understanding of what good customer service is and how to deliver it.
- A commitment to continuous self-improvement, a good communicator that works well with others, striving to provide the best possible service and act as a trusted adviser to our customers.
- Excellent planning, problem solving with clear decision making.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.