Following a period of growth through acquisitions, M247 is now transitioning from a focus on business and systems integration to harvesting the information to support continued organic growth and to improve business processes and performance. As such there is now a requirement for a commercially focused database administrator to build and support a data platform to serve the BI & MI requirements across sales & marketing, product, operations, customer service and finance.
Working with key stakeholders across the business, you will be responsible for designing a data platform that consolidates data from multiple sources into a central data warehouse. Employing best practice approaches you will lead by example, helping to define data processes and serve as a mentor to others.
This role reports to the Chief Information Officer.
- Managing the reporting platform
- Managing the database, performing routine maintenance to ensure the database and associated platform / components is up-to-date and complies with all our security requirements.
- Perform database tuning
- Perform SQL query tuning and performance analysis using technical tools to ensure the SQL queries are optimised
- Ensure sufficient platform monitoring is in place to monitor platform availability
- Ensure the technical architecture of the platform meets the needs of M247 and provides a resilient highly available reporting platform
- Manage and maintain Database server(s) and data flows to ensure:
- reliable data delivery through robust data transfer process
- database integrity through best practice design and adequate back-up processes
- services and components meet agreed performance targets and service levels
- security, access control permissions and privileges
- Review & refine /evolve existing data warehouse, extending scope from current sales reporting focus to providing a data platform for the wider business
- Define core data requirements with stakeholders across the business, identifying all data inputs from internal and external data source
- Set-up data transfer processes and schedule from input data sources
- Where applicable, in conjunction with stakeholders, design & create input templates and ETL processes for the SQL data warehouse
- Build SQL queries (procedures and views) to support reporting outputs
- Advise & assist on creation of reporting outputs, including within Power BI
- Build alerting system for data warehouse covering status and data changes
- Document all data transfer processes
- Build full audit trail of all data changes
Qualifications and Experience:
- MS SQL server (SSIS / database administrator / SMSS, potentially SRSS) within a data warehouse and BI / MI reporting environment
- SSIS package design and development
- Advanced SQL to DBA standard
- Familiarity with ERP/CRM datasets (Salesforce desirable) and BI reporting tools (Power BI desirable)
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
M247 Core Attributes
Raise the Bar:
We challenge ourselves to be the best we can be. By constantly raising the bar in everything we do,
we ensure that our customers and stakeholders benefit from greater innovation, better value, new ideas and a fresh approach to business.
We are the productivity champions! We act with purpose and without fear to lead our industry and know that through our speed of innovation + flexibility + excellence in customer service, we will always deliver Connectivity without Compromise
We deliver at pace, without compromise. We recognise that speed and flexibility provide significant competitive advantages, for our customers and ourselves.
Winning is a habit. It’s about working hard and having fun – together – every day. It’s about aiming to deliver the very best we can and, when we fail, picking ourselves up and supporting our valued colleagues as we learn from it; together!
Customers are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we take time to understand what our customers really need so that we become their most valued adviser, empowering them to deliver business productivity.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.