We are currently looking for superstars to join our connectivity team as Network Connectivity Engineers 1st Line.
This is a fantastic time to join M247, we will support you through a 12 week induction / training programme where you have the opportunity to work across a number of areas in the business. You will work in a fantastic team environment where we have developed and promoted 9 colleagues since the start of 2019! We offer a very good salary plus 10% shift allowance.
This role would suit individuals who have a genuine passion for networks, currently working as a Network 1st Line Engineer with a love of Cisco routers, routing protocol’s, BGP/VRFs or a recent graduate with a Network degree looking for their first role who likes to build Labs and develop their knowledge.
Purpose of the Role
You will provide specialist support to M247 customers across a portfolio of high-end managed connectivity products on the service desk taking incoming calls, online tickets and emails from our managed connectivity solutions customers to include:
M247 support operates 24/7 365 days and engineers will be required to work shifts.
- Working as part of a team to deliver customer SLAs.
- Concentrating on our connectivity solutions customers, pro-actively undertake fault trend analysis in relation to our in-life services to ensure they remain fit for purpose and adequately meet the client’s needs.
- Provide a specialist dedicated escalation route for issues experienced by our customer base.
- In the event of a major service outage to liaise with all relevant departments, undertake emergency fault diagnostics to resolution.
- Proactively monitor the connectivity solutions to ensure events are captured and resolved prior to them becoming an incident.
- Assisting customers with difficult fault related problems and suggest immediate action to limit damage and to provide restoration of services.
- Some experience managing and debugging connectivity solutions provided over DSL/FTTC and Fibre
- Understanding of BGP, VRFs & HSRP
- Ability to create and support VPNs
- Working towards Cisco CCNA Qualification
- Understanding of troubleshooting with Cisco IOS
- Passionate about customer satisfaction though excellent service
- Enthusiastic to learn and develop within networking
- Excellent Communication skills
- Must be flexible and able to work shifts as this is a 24/7/365 support role
- Cisco CCNP Qualification
- NSE 4 Qualification
- Worked within an ISP or similar role
- Knowledge of Fortinet
- Knowledge of Cisco Meraki
- Knowledge of Juniper
- Knowledge of Radio technology
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.