Purpose of the role
Working closely with the Company solicitor, other members of the property and commercial teams you will be expected to provide support in maintaining M247’s property portfolio ensuring that its assets are fully protected to allow M247 to deliver its connectivity and internet solutions to its customers and also provide support to the commercial team in dealing with customers and suppliers.
There are two main areas of law applicable to this role.
Here, the main focus of the role will be assisting and supporting the Company solicitor in dealing with wayleave agreements, leases, title investigations, stamp duty returns and Land Registry applications.
There will be some admin work such as scanning completed documents and redacting leases prior to registration at the Land Registry.
Supervision will be provided where needed although you will be expected to deal with wayleave agreements and some lease work with a higher level of autonomy in a short space of time.
Again, you will assist and support the Company solicitor in dealing with minor commercial transactions such as NDAs and assisting with the due diligence and management of supplier contracts and general research.
Supervision will be provided where required.
- Assisting the Company solicitor on the grant of new leases, lease renewals, Heads of Terms.
- Assisting the Company solicitor on wayleave agreements, deeds of variation, deeds of surrender, licences for work.
- Liaising with and assisting the Company’s property relationship manager and asset manager with regard to rent reviews and some billing enquiries.
- Leasehold property management and inputting relevant lease information into an internal case management system.
- Liaising with the Company’s asset manager in respect of the assets held on each site and the preparation of lease plans.
- Checking deeds.
- Photocopying, scanning and redacting leases in preparation for submitting to the Land Registry.
- Carrying out Land Registry searches and reviewing registered titles and documents.
- Preparing SDLT returns and obtaining SDLT certificates.
- Preparing Land Registry applications.
- Assisting the company solicitor with NDAs.
- Assisting the company solicitor with side letters relating to the Company’s terms and conditions.
- To provide general assistance and research relating to queries received from various areas of the Company. By way of example, research may relate to new General Conditions imposed by Ofcom.
- Reviewing supplier contracts and inputting information into a master supplier spreadsheet.
- Providing assistance to the company solicitor in dealing with minor disputes relating to the Company’s general terms and conditions.
- Previous commercial property experience, preferably working with leases and wayleaves in the telecommunications industry would be an advantage as would some experience in dealing with commercial contracts.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines.
- An excellent attention to detail and a methodical and logical approach.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong IT abilities.
- A willingness to learn.
- The ability to operate with minimum supervision.
- Good academic record.
- Excellent commercial awareness and risk management skills.
- Passion for technology and the M247 brand.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.