The role will see the Business Analyst responsible for managing the definition, analysis and maintenance of business processes and system requirements through the full IT project lifecycle.
Working within the Information Systems function, acting as an interface between IT and the rest of the business, you will be required to perform a variety of tasks in the identification, definition and development of solutions to deliver complex business and IT processes.
This role will also involve supporting existing business process and use of our systems.
Engaging with stakeholders to understand and model “as-is” and “to-be” business processes
Define IT system requirements in the form of User Stories
Liaise with key stakeholders to agree and drive priorities
Define and embed Standard Operating Procedures
Drive User and Operational Testing activities to ensure smooth implementation and transition
Develop and maintain active documentation to support knowledge sharing
Delivery of Business Solutions
- Identification, design and documentation of requirements and processes to deliver business improvements
- Customer Management, risks and issues tracking
- Ensuring that the business functions undertake the business change necessary to drive out the benefits, and in some cases facilitating this
- Close liaison with IT suppliers to ensure that requirements and designs are translated correctly
- Support the testing stage with script writing and managing the UAT process
Develop Strong Business Relationships
- Ensure functional requirements meet the needs of the business
- Management of stakeholder expectations around outputs, timescales and quality
- Improve business user understanding and use of systems
- Improve strength of relationship between the business functions and IT team
- Implement solutions that are fit for purpose and deliver the business benefits to time and cost
What technical knowledge, skills and experience is required?
- Business Analyst Experience
- Change or project management experience is desirable
- Experience in defining requirements through:
- Interviews and write-ups
- Analysis of documentation
- Facilitation of requirements workshops
- Site visits
- Business process analysis
- Scenario modelling
- Task and workflow analysis
- Best practice business analysis tools and techniques
- Ability to evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into detail and distinguish user requests from the underlying true business needs.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Track record of formulating and delivering innovative IT and Business Solutions that deliver competitive advantage
- Experienced in a broad range of business analysis skills and competencies, including planning and organisation, leadership, information gathering, facilitation, analysis, modelling, communication, negotiation, training and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Visio
- Proven ability to develop Business cases, functional specifications and user material
- Experience in documentation and execution of project testing requirements and lifecycles
- Ability to successfully manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and relationship management skills, being able to communicate clearly and concisely, moderating style and delivery to suit different stakeholders at all levels
- Creative thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to interpret and understand data and identify root cause to problems
- Good working knowledge of available technologies and what can realistically be achieved
What behaviours and personal competence is needed?
- Acts with the appropriate level of urgency and prioritises accordingly
- Makes decisions with an objective approach and clear reasoning
- Promotes that everyone has a part to play
- Encourages enthusiasm, commitment and team spirit to work better together
- Monitors and reviews service delivery, identifies learning points and adapts where necessary
- Focuses on ways to improve the customer experience
- Seeks opportunities to gain customer feedback and provides solutions
- Leads by example on positive safety behaviours
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.