Purpose of the role
We are recruiting for a superstar Windows/Linux Hosting 1st Line Engineer to join our amazing team on the outskirts of Manchester.
In your role as Line 1 hosting engineer, you will be first point of contact for all customer queries and faults for all hosting, break-fix and managed service products. Working as part of a team to deliver internal and customer SLAs.
- Triaging customer tickets as they arrive, providing support and escalating to Line 2/3 where necessary.
- Delivering excellent customer service.
- Assist customers with change requests and addition of new services and their configuration.
- Proactively monitor the hosted solutions to ensure events are captured and resolved prior to them becoming an incident.
At M247 we believe in technology’s power to take businesses further. We configure networks, systems and data to help our customers connect with more places, serve more customers and employ more people. We focus on driving our customer’s business forward – not holding it back. When a business is growing and the IT estate gets more complex, we find a way to keep things simple.
You will also pro-actively undertake fault trend analysis in relation to our in-life services to ensure they remain fit for purpose and adequately meet the clients needs. Proactively monitor the hosted solutions to ensure events are captured and resolved prior to them becoming an incident. Perform platform migrations as part of a project.
The role offers a salary of £23,000 plus a 10% shift allowance as well as other benefits
Working Hours – This role is part of a 24/7 service desk & will cover 3 shift patterns with the expectation to work night shift 1 week in 6.
- Windows/Linux hosting experience
- Working experience of Windows Server including SQL Server, Exchange Server, IIS, Terminal
- Services/RemoteApp Services, Active Directory and Group Policy
- Server administration and management
- Extensive DNS knowledge
- Troubleshooting and supporting Email services and mailflow start to finish
- Ability to install and troubleshoot server and networking services
- Virtualization technologies, such as VMware, Xen and Hyper V
- Experience with managing platforms (Apache/IIS Web Servers, shared or managed hosting)
- Experience with hosting control panels such as Plesk and cPanel
- Proficiency in Linux servers, including Ubuntu and Red Hat based servers in a LAMP environment, as well as MySQL, FTP, SMTP/POP3 servers and DNS.
- Experience of WAN technologies, especially ADSL and FTTC services but also Leased Lines
- Hardware failures
- Prior experience of PRTG
- Understanding of SAN technologies
- Proactive response to incidents within the hosting ecosystem
- Prior experience of SonicWALL appliances would be advantageous
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working within a support function doing shift work
- Exception experience dealing with customer base
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Aspirations to excel and progress within the business
- A commitment to continuous self-improvement, a good communicator that works well with others, striving to provide the best possible service and act as a trusted adviser to our customers.
- Excellent planning, problem solving with clear decision making.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants, regardless of gender, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, religion, socio-economic status or any other factor will be treated equally and fairly in the application process.